Wine Development Manager
We’re currently searching for a Wine Development Manager for the West/South of Scotland region to develop and grow our wine portfolio.
You will be developing and representing iconic C&C Group/ Bibendum brands within the on-trade sector that our consumers know & enjoy.
So what’s involved?
As a key figure of the Wine team you will be responsible for all growth, development and management of our wine portfolio within your territory, aiming to increase sales across both new and existing businesses within the region. This will involve the upselling of our wide range of products into customers; hosting formal and informal tastings and maximising sales & marketing opportunities to drive profit through fantastic customer service. To do this you will create and enhance relationships with each customer and liaise with the regional sales teams to pinpoint new business opportunities and facilitate accounts.
Activities you will be dealing with include:
- Achieve agreed profit, volume, revenue and margin budgets by supporting and implementing a multi-contact strategy with all customers
- Effectively launch all relevant NPD/wine/drink list reviews in each customer
- Implement promotional plans which meet both the customers’ needs and those of Bibendum
- Ensure all existing wine accounts have appropriate levels of account management from either ASM’s within regional sales teams or WDM
- Ensure excellence of execution in all tasks
What you’ll need:
We’re looking for someone that is able to demonstrate solid and successful experience of selling wine either to trade customers or the general public. You will need an in-depth financial understanding and able to demonstrate a strong analytical capability. This is a fast paced role however you will need to demonstrate your ability to maintain quality and prioritise so as to meet agreed deadlines.
Key to this role is excellent communication and the drive to build & leverage relationships with customers, consultants and our internal teams.
WSET qualification level 2 or above is required for this role.
A full driving license is required as this is a field-based role.
Send us a CV that demonstrates that you’ve got the skills and experience we’re looking for and we’ll come back to you ASAP.