C&C Group plc is a premium drinks company which owns, manufactures, markets and distributes a unique portfolio of beer and cider brands in its home markets and across the globe. You probably know us best from brands like Bulmers, Magners and Tennent’s.
Weekend Team Engineer
We are looking for some experienced FMCG engineers to join our team and help us keep our high speed equipment running smoothly, and maximise our uptime through effective maintenance, fault diagnosis and speedy fixes.
You will support the weekend production teams and work two 12 hour shifts over the weekend and one 8 hour shift midweek. While this is a part-time role, it comes with a full-time salary. In addition, you’ll join our pension scheme, receive a generous product allowance and be eligible for our bonus scheme. Plus you get to work for an iconic Scottish business. What’s not to like?
So, what’s involved?
As part of the weekend engineering team, you will be working within a small team which will see you having a real hands-on approach where you will be proactive in improving our processes and output.
- Ensure breakdowns are addressed and repaired in a timely manner
- Maintain & improve line performance, ensuring planned preventative maintenance is completed as scheduled
- Complete recording & reporting procedures accurately, providing support to the engineering & operations team and other contractors through effective written & verbal communication
- Initiate, implement and support of projects as part of continuous improvements
What you’ll need:
- Must have served a recognised apprenticeship, ideally multi-skilled with PLC fault finding experience
- Preferably HNC qualified (C&G acceptable)
- Preferable high speed canning or bottling experience although other FMCG experience will be considered
- Experience working on utilities equipment (steam plant, compressed air plant)
- Experience of working in a production/manufacturing role, preferably FMCG
- Some fabrication skills are highly regarded but not essential
- Good knowledge of maintenance best practice (and asset management systems), PLC's, continuous improvement and root cause analysis
Send us a CV that demonstrates your experience and we’ll aim to get back to you ASAP!
C&C Group (and inclusive companies) do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our roles – we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs including those submitted to hiring managers. C&C Group explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.