We’re on the lookout for a Transport Manager for our Cambuslang Distribution Depot to manage all aspects of the transport department.
This will include vehicle maintenance, compliance, people planning & development, load planning and administration.
So what’s involved?
This position will report directly into the Scotland Distribution Network General Manager on-site and is all about running the day-to-day transport operations efficiently. You will be targeted with KPI-driven service levels (OTIF percentage), working to the transport budget and overseeing people management (such as training & development).
Other responsibilities of this position include:
- Transport operations compliance (laws & regulations) including licensing, vehicle maintenance, working time regulations, company policies & procedures, stock security, equipment security, cash security & housekeeping.
- Ensure the scheduling and utilisation of vehicles distribution are for maximum company efficiency.
- Support the senior management team, other depots, your senior management team and all other warehouse/ distribution staff.
- Follow all company Health & Safety and HR policies & procedures
- Getting involved with additional ad-hoc duties including audits, recording & investigating, reporting etc.
- Management of Suppliers (Hauliers, vehicle maintenance etc.)
What you’ll need:
We are looking for someone with experience delivering excellent customer service within a multi-drop, mixed load distribution operation, preferably within an FMCG logistics/ distribution business. You’ll also need:
- CPC Qualification essential
- Strong team leadership and man-management abilities through excellent communication
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret management accounts
- Able to identify & deliver business improvement projects
- An understanding of IT packages including Microsoft & Navman tracking system
Apply now, send us a CV that demonstrates your experience and we’ll aim to get back to you ASAP!