We're looking for a team manager with experience of working in a production environment to lead our packaging team in Clonmel.
This role is all about the ensuring efficient and effective performance in production, quality, health & safety, environmental and cost service targets. To achieve those goals you'll need to manage and develop your team, championing continuous development and coaching to ensure excellent performance standards.
So what's involved:
- Manage and improve all aspects of Quality, H&S, Hygiene and Environmental standards
- Manage and deliver the weekly production schedule and Line efficiency & performance targets.
- Lead the Morning Production and Top Loss Meetings for the area and input into the Asset Care and Preventive Maintenance systems for the line.
- Ensure the assigned production area is appropriately resourced, including people, facilities and raw materials to ensure delivery of all targets. Ensure the teams have the right skills to do the job, both behaviourally and technically
- Lead, manage and develop the operational teams to create an open, responsive and cohesive working environment. Manage the performance of the team through individual performance objectives and personal development plans to achieve the area strategy.
- Responsible for the Training Needs Analysis, Training Delivery and Training Evaluation of all operational training activities for the production area and ensure the delivery and sustainability of Machine Specialist and FLAC programmes. (Supported by the Group Operations Training Manager)
- Pro-actively contribute to the preparation of operational plans (Production Plans), including analysis of current activities and performance to deliver best practice and more effective operations.
- Work with direct reports to encourage involvement in improving operational solutions to minimise down-time and costs and achieve improved operational targets in line with area strategy. Be able to facilitate team meetings and improvement sessions
- Provide technical advice and guidance to operational team and associated functions to ensure effective resolution of operational issues.
- Deliver operational budgets. Cascade and hold individuals/teams accountable for the financial results of the area
What you'll need:
- Demonstrable track record of leading and delivering high-level performance through excellent people management in an operational shift environment.
- Experience of using trending, root cause analysis and problem-solving tools to continuously-improve performance.
- Good working knowledge of production engineering processes and “best practice”.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels, ensuring information is delivered and understood.
- Ability of driving change, through positive communication, employee involvement and forward planning.
- Developing staff through continuous development, coaching and empowerment to create improved performance.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and flexibility within time management to ensure business needs are met.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
Send us a CV that demonstrates your team management skills in a production environment. We'll be back in touch asap.