Stock/ Inventory Accountant
Our Group Financial Team is on the lookout for an Inventory Accountant to join the team at our Wellpark Brewery site in Glasgow.
So what’s involved?
This role is all about understanding, managing and reconciling key balance sheet accounts including inventory, excise duties, GRNI and fixed assets. You’ll be focused on understanding the flow of data through the group – including identification and mitigation of risk.
This role is a key part of the Financial Control group. You’ll work with colleagues across the Group and act as the conduit between our production accountants and our management accountants, providing information and insight on our balance sheet.
There is also the opportunity to get involved in project work, including focusing on IT provision and procurement. And you’ll be a key point of contact for key balance sheet accounts during internal and external audits.
You’ll also be:
- Delivering a monthly review of key balance sheet accounts and variance investigation and resolution
- Working closely with local supply chain accountants/analysts and local plant management on process improvements
- Providing a monthly inventory valuation and reconciliation to the general ledger ensuring that any differences are investigated and resolved accurately
- Assisting with monthly reporting
- Conducting month end stock reconciliation, ensuring the GRNI accruals balance to stock valuation
- Updating stock codes for Intrastat Data
What you’ll need:
You’ll be a qualified accountant (or qualified by experience) with extensive work in cost/ inventory accounting within the manufacturing/ FMCG industry. You’ll also need:
- Strong knowledge of controls around inventory, O2C and P2P
- Ability to assist with process improvement and controls enhancement
- Able to present financial information in an understandable and useful manner
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel
- JD Edwards knowledge would be desirable but not essential
Send us a CV that demonstrates your inventory accountancy skills and we’ll aim to get back to you ASAP!