C&C Group is a manufacturer, marketer and distributor of branded cider, beer, wine, soft drinks and bottled water. Our brands include Bulmers, the leading Irish cider, Magners, the premium UK and international cider, and Tennent’s, Scotland’s leading lager. C&C operates two manufacturing sites, Clonmel and Glasgow, as well as an extensive distribution network across Ireland and the UK.
We’re looking for a Finance Manager to help us manage our finance activity at our Clonmel site, and work as part of a larger Operations finance team.
So what’s involved?
This role is all about supporting the performance of our Irish Manufacturing operation, through effective reporting, effective financial management and insightful analysis.
Reporting is a key part of the role, so you’ll work with colleagues across our Operations teams to ensure that reports are valid, complete and accurate – and you’ll deliver valuable and actionable data to the leadership team at Clonmel. You’ll also be on the lookout for opportunities to develop our reporting processes.
You will assume full ownership of our accounts at Clonmel, and ensure that they are reviewed, reconciled and consolidated. At year end and half year, you’ll also provide support to the statutory accounting, and help them prepare relevant information for external financial reporting.
You’ll continue work that is already in progress to help the Clonmel management team develop stronger financial awareness, and use your analysis skills to support ongoing projects and activities.
You will have a key contribution in delivering the continuous improvement agenda; ensuring cost control; setting and monitoring operations KPIs.
This role would be perfect for a qualified accountant with manufacturing/supply chain experience wants to work in a fast and changing environment with a clear focus on delivering results and continuous improvement.
What you’ll need:
- A professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Experience of working in a FMCG/ supply chain environment is preferable
- Experience of manufacturing accounting including standard costs; variance analysis and managing operational efficiencies
- Budgeting experience essential
- A track record on delivering to tight timelines
- Strong core finance skills, with the ability to identify trends, risks and opportunities
- A high level of comfort with financial systems
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely explain financial information to non-finance colleagues, in writing and in person.
- Advanced Excel skills
Send us a CV that demonstrates your financial skills, and we’ll be back in touch asap.