Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Manager
Safety comes first. That’s the message that we’re constantly reinforcing in our Brewery, Labs, Offices and across all of our manufacturing operations. But there is always room for improvement and so we’re looking for a Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Manager to join our leadership team at Wellpark Brewery to take ownership of our operational safety, health and environmental performance across site.
So what’s involved?
As SHE Manager & as part of the site leadership team, you will take ownership (and be the subject matter expert!) of the day-to-day management of operational safety, health & environmental performance as well as compliance – driving a renewed SHE agenda to the point where you can then drive measurable improvements. You will need to lead by example, supporting the team with your knowledge and experience to help develop & implement the right SHE behaviours at all levels of the business.
Key tasks will include:
- Implement a new SHE agenda across the Wellpark Brewery site in collaboration with the senior leadership team, relevant stakeholders, operational staff and within current limitations
- Proactively support and drive the operational teams to reduce risk and implement change management to improve on current processes helping to drive a culture where health & safety is never compromised
- Work with the site management team to drive improvements and projects that will deliver the Group’s SHE strategy and performance KPIs
- Provide technical advice and guidance to operational teams and associated functions to ensure effective resolution of operational issues.
- Responsible for the site SHE training needs analysis, training delivery (if applicable) and training evaluation of all operational training activities for the site
- Plan and lead regular health, safety and environmental meetings ensuring any concerns that are raised are addressed
- Ensure all accidents, near misses and non-conformities are reported correctly then investigated in line with HSE policies/ procedures. Thereafter maintain statistics & analyse trends to propose remedial action where necessary
- Liaise with customers, enforcement bodies, HS&E professional bodies and insurance or audit bodies, as required
- Implement a programme of SHE audits & reviews
- Track and report on SHE budgets and KPIs
What you’ll need:
We’re looking for a confident SHE Manager with relevant significant experience developing then implementing health & safety agendas within current operational processes. Ideally, you will have a NEBOSH diploma or equivalent in occupational safety & health as well as having experience within a similar FMCG/ process industry.
There’s a bit of work to be done before we can look at the glitzy continuous improvement projects but there’s substantial commitments we have made (and projects underway) that you’ll be able to put your stamp on. And that is where your communication will be key – so you can engage & influence stakeholders on the best routes to take within framework & any limitations.
Due to current processes & requirements, you’ll need previous experience of managing regulatory & certification bodies’ expectations – including pre-, during and post-visit, any communications & any reporting (eg, CA, HSE, SEPA, Fire Brigade, etc). Also, any experience managing DSEAR, legionella, ionising radiation and asbestos would assist.
Given the company’s commitments, you’ll also be responsible for environmental management including carbon emission calculations & environmental risk assessments.
Any auditing experience would also help in the role.
Send us a copy of your CV that shows your commitment to continually improving SH&E matters, and we’ll come back to you ASAP!