Tennent Caledonian is Scotland’s pre-eminent brewer. Based at the historic Wellpark brewery in Glasgow, we brew an industry-leading portfolio of iconic including Tennent’s Lager and Caledonia Best – for home and export markets across the world. Since 2009 we have been part of C&C Group plc, the company behind a range of brilliant cider and soft drink brands.
Our marketing teams are famous for their ability to bring our brand portfolios to life, but we’re always looking to raise the bar. Our partnerships with Matthew Clark, ABI and Admiral Taverns give us incredibly scope to grow our brands, particularly in England and Wales. These relationships are relatively young, and there is a lot of opportunity we’re not yet realising. That’s why we’re creating a dedicated Route to Market team to focus on optimising our decentralised channels.
So what’s involved?
These new roles will work closely with our Head of Route to Market to deliver growth and value using our brands, primarily focusing our strong relationships with Matthew Clark, ABI and Admiral.
As a RTM Manager, you’ll take on responsibility for one (or more) of those customers, and focus all your efforts on maximising our brand performance, from planning through to execution. Working with colleagues in Sales, Marketing, Product and Finance, you’ll develop an account plan and our sales strategy. And you’ll use your analytical skills to track performance, make data-based decisions, and identify commercial opportunities.
Building strong relationships is key to success in these roles. Whether you’re collaborating with colleagues, working on a project with an agency, or working on joint business plans with the customer, the ability to listen, understand and influence is going to be key.
These are fantastic new roles for commercially minded managers looking for a new challenge in the drinks industry.
What you’ll need:
- A strong career track record in Consumer Goods / FMCG – ideally in the Drinks trade or the wider hospitality industry
- A track record in sales, ideally with a background in managing significant accounts
- Ideally a background in working with 3rd party distributors
- Strong data driven decision-making skills with sharp commercial instincts
- A desire to work at a fast pace and deal with ambiguity
- Great communication & influencing skills to build and leverage relationships with colleagues, leaders, agencies and consultants
Send us a CV that demonstrates your commercial skillset and achievements. We’ll be back in touch asap.