Associate Packaging Manager
Bulmers are excited to be looking for an Associate Packaging Manager to join our team at our Clonmel Manufacturing site! In this role, you will learn to lead the high performing packaging team in place at Clonmel to ensure the cost-effective & highest quality output of packaging for our products. Continuous improvement and projects management will also be a critical aspects of this role.
Given the current Covid-19 pandemic, all 1st stage interviews will take place from home via Microsoft Teams/ Zoom. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.
So what’s involved?
As Associate Packaging Manager, you will oversee the following key results areas:
- Oversee the execution of the production plan so as to achieve the ‘on time and in full’ delivery of all customer orders.
- Ensure line efficiency and the achievement of site/ individual performance targets.
- Ensure the effective control of yields and wastage.
- Cost Management and budgets for the packaging line in association with the Packaging Manager
- Oversee the management of materials intake and the logistics requirements of production areas.
- Manage the production requirements of all contract packaging.
- Ensure an effective maintenance programme is carried out in all areas of the plant in association with engineering
- Oversee the Manpower Planning process and ensure team optimisation and the control of payroll costs.
- Ensure all Quality, Health & Safety, Hygiene, Environmental and Food Safety standards are met in all production areas in association with the EHS Manager.
- Take lead on the continuous review, development and improvement of production processes.
- Work to improve Employee Engagement on the site and ensure effective communication in all production areas.
- Implementation and development of Performance Management Systems with Team Managers & Operators.
- Ongoing coaching and development of the Team Managers.
- Cooperate with other C&C manufacturing sites in manufacturing optimisation activities.
- Deputise for the Packaging Manager as part of the Site Management Team when necessary.
- Input to the site strategic planning process.
- Weekly and monthly reporting requirements submitted in a timely manner.
What you’ll need:
We’re ideally looking for someone:
- Degree in Production Management/ Engineering/ similar discipline
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt is preferred but not essential
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing and drinks packaging industry “best practice”.
- Proven leadership and influencing skills, process and business understanding in core functions of manufacturing and supply chain highly desirable.
- Effective presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good Problem solving and analytical skills
- Successful track record of participating in organisational change projects
- Good working knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Experience in cost control and cost reduction.
- Negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Project Management skills with ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple/detail-oriented tasks.
- Team Leadership skills.
- A high level of commercial and business awareness.
- High attention to detail, self-starter/highly motivated with a high degree of ambition.
Send us your CV demonstrating your expertise and we’ll be in touch ASAP!
C&C Group (and inclusive companies) do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our roles – we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs including those submitted to hiring managers. C&C Group explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.