Packaging Department Manager
The Packaging Dep. Manager will lead the Packaging team and will ensure the safe and cost effective processing and packaging of the highest quality products by a high performing and well developed team of Team Managers. The continuous improvement of our manufacturing processes and project management will also be a critical part of this role.
- Oversee the execution of the production plan so as to achieve the ‘on time and in full’ delivery of all customer orders.
- Ensure the efficient operation of processing and product make up activities as well as packaging line efficiency and the achievement of their performance targets.
- Ensure the effective control of yields and wastage.
- Work with all stakeholders on every element of production Cost Management.
- Oversee the management of materials intake and the logistics requirements of all production areas.
- Manage the production requirements of all contract packaging.
- Ensure an effective maintenance programme is carried out in all areas of the plant.
- Oversee the Manpower Planning process and ensure team optimisation and the control of payroll costs.
- Ensure all Quality, Health & Safety, Hygiene, Environmental and Food Safety standards are met in all production areas.
- Lead the continuous review, development and improvement of production processes.
- Work to improve Employee Engagement on the site and ensure effective communication in all production areas.
- Implementation and development of the Performance Management System with Team Managers & Operators.
- Ongoing coaching and development of the Team Manager team.
- Cooperate with other Group manufacturing sites in manufacturing optimisation activities.
- Deputise for other members of the Site Leadership Team.
- Input to the site strategic planning process.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Production Management / Engineering / similar discipline or relevant experience & continuing professional development.
- 5 years+ experience in a manufacturing management role.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing and drinks packaging industry “best practice”.
- Excellent skills in leading and managing teams.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Good Problem solving and analytical skills