Packaging Department Manager
Bulmers Limited is a member of the C&C Group plc in Ireland and is a major force in the Irish drinks market. The Company markets an extensive portfolio of brand leaders, which includes Bulmers Original Irish Cider.
Based in Clonmel, County Tipperary since 1935, the Company’s people, values and culture have been instrumental in the success of the business to date. As a result of the development of a new Craft Brewery in Clonmel, this exciting opportunity has arisen. Reporting to the Process Manager, you will be responsible for all end to end brewing operations.
So what is involved?
The Packaging Dep. Manager will lead the Packaging team and will ensure the safe and cost effective processing and packaging of the highest
quality products by a high performing and well developed team of Team Managers. The continuous improvement of our manufacturing processes and project
management will also be a critical part of this role.
- Oversee the execution of the production plan so as to achieve the ‘on time and in full’ delivery of all customer orders.
- Ensure the efficient operation of processing and product make up activities as well as packaging line efficiency and the achievement of their performance targets.
- Ensure the effective control of yields and wastage.
- Work with all stakeholders on every element of production
- Cost Management.
- Oversee the management of materials intake and the logistics requirements of all production areas.
- Manage the production requirements of all contract packaging.
- Ensure an effective maintenance programme is carried out in all areas of the plant.
- Oversee the Manpower Planning process and ensure team optimisation and the control of payroll costs.
- Ensure all Quality, Health & Safety, Hygiene, Environmental and Food Safety standards are met in all production areas.
- Lead the continuous review, development and improvement of production processes.
- Work to improve Employee Engagement on the site and ensure effective communication in all production areas.
- Implementation and development of the Performance Management System with Team Managers & Operators.
- Ongoing coaching and development of the Team Manager
- Cooperate with other Group manufacturing sites in manufacturing optimisation activities.
- Deputise for other members of the Site Leadership Team.
- Input to the site strategic planning process.
What you'll need
- Degree in Production Management / Engineering / similar discipline or relevant experience & continuing professional development.
- 5 years+ experience in a manufacturing management role.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing and drinks packaging industry “best practice”.
- Excellent skills in leading and managing teams.
- Strong Communication skills and good problem solving and analytical skills
- Successful track record of participating in organisational change projects
- Good working knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Experience in cost control and cost reduction
Send us a CV that demonstrates your experience and we’ll be back in touch asap.
C&C Group (and inclusive companies) do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our roles – we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs including those submitted to hiring managers. C&C Group explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.