Tennent Caledonian Breweries is Scotland’s largest drinks business, and the home of famous brands like Tennent’s lager and Magners cider. We have strong partnerships with a variety of national pub, hotel and restaurant customers. We’re looking for a new National Account Manager to join the team and manage some of these key relationships.
So what’s involved?
This role is all about working with national accounts to grow our profit and sales by identifying and satisfying the needs of the customer. You’ll be assigned several large accounts to manage. For each of them, you’ll create and deliver a robust Account Plan, developing join business plans that over-deliver on sales and profit.
The role will focus on defending and developing Tennent’s Lager and developing our wider drinks portfolio. KPIs will be around delivery of ledger volume and margin as well as brand distribution targets and cost efficiency. You’ll feed into and implement pack, price and promotional strategy tailored to the customer.
We want to be a business our customers can rely on. So you’ll take a hands on approach to addressing issues and keeping customers up to date. You’ll build the relationships by participating at launches, social events and meetings to cement the bond with our clients.
This role is a fast-paced mix of account management and development, and is a great next step for an ambitious sales professional looking to take their next step with some high profile accounts.
What you’ll need:
- Significant account management experience in an FMCG sales role, e.g. Area Sales Manager, Business Development Manager or National Account Executive.
- Good knowledge of the On-Trade marketplace
- High level of IT skills including all MS office programmes, and reporting using Excel
- Full driving licence, with the ability to travel c.20% of the time
- Ability to build and develop strong working relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- Highly developed negotiation skills through practical experience
- Highly commercial with strong ability to analyse numerical and analytical data
- Ability to maximise productivity through prioritisation, time management and organisation
- Ability to utilise category and consumer insight where appropriate
Send us a CV that demonstrates your FMCG sales skills. And we’ll be back in touch ASAP.