National Account Manager – OFF Trade
C&C Group plc is a large FMCG company headquartered in Ireland. The Group operates in the alcoholic drinks and soft drinks industries and has a portfolio of industry-leading brands such as Bulmers, Magners, Tennent’s, Tipperary Water and Finches. We have leading category positions in Ireland and the UK and also exports to 50 other countries globally.
We are looking for a NAM to set and agree the joint business plans, objectives, and ongoing agendas for a range of National Accounts across a portfolio of Nationally and Internationally recognised Beer, Cider and Wine brands. Interact within the business to deliver sales and customer propositions that will support the overall commercial strategy through the Account Management Process.
So what’s involved?
- In conjunction with the Off Trade Commercial Director, assist the development of the Channel Sales strategy & tactical plans, to maximise channel profitability.
- Delivery of sales profit, volume, cash and margin targets
- Facilitate excellent sales & brand execution, whilst ensuring we maximise our scale & reach
- Identify opportunities to grow and secure new business
- Maintain clear understanding of category composition, performance, and trends.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships to maximise profitable growth
- Develop a customer contact strategy for all customers
- Develop joint business plans with key customers to deliver key objectives
- Input to the pack, pricing and promotion strategy for customer base
- Identify optimal ways of working in the Channel & innovate to drive continuous improvement.
- Manage the Customer Agenda through the Account Management process, ensuring that all relevant areas of the business are engaged, informed and contributing to the success of the Customer Agenda
- Develop a proactive relationship culture with key customers where opportunities are sought to seek feedback on product launches, promotions, changes in consumer trends and so on
- Build and establish key relationships with customers at the necessary level to ensure maximum exposure to sales and new business opportunities through clear leadership and direction
What you’ll need?
- Demonstrable expertise in managing at a National Account level in FMCG sales
- Significant and proven successful sales experience
- Experience of managing change within FCMG or other industries.
- Thorough knowledge of FMCG sales channel
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent commercial acumen and full understanding of the key metrics
- Ability to recognise customer issues and propose viable commercial solutions in response
- Ability to maximise resources through effective prioritisation, time management and organisational skills
- Ability, willingness and confidence to actively engage with people internally and externally at all levels are a prerequisite.
- Ability to challenge the status quo where appropriate
- An ability to work both independently with limited guidance, and to recognise the benefits of being a key member of the business team
Send us a CV that demonstrates your skills, and we’ll come back to you ASAP!
C&C Group (and inclusive companies) do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our roles – we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs including those submitted to hiring managers. C&C Group explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.