Purpose of the role
Preparation of monthly Management Accounts and annual Statutory Accounts. To include maintaining financial records, assisting in reconciling Balance Sheets and ensuring that all intercompany transactions are recorded and accounts fully reconciled each month.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and accounts pack
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts
- Assist with the process of internal controls relating to the accounting systems currently in use
- Reconciliation of Intercompany Accounts with other Group Companies
- Assist in production of budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Liaising with external and internal auditors
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts in line with IFRS standards
- VAT and Intrastat Returns
- Provision of support to other members of the wider finance team to include Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and banking team
- Matching receipts and reconciling GRNI accruals each month
- Preparing monthly journal entries as needed
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role
- Professional Qualification With Minimum 2 years PQE
- Previous experience in a similar role within a FMCG environment is desirable.
- Experience in Management and Statutory accounts preparation including reconciliations and analysis
Skills and Competencies
- Strong numerical skills with a focus on accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet reporting deadlines and work with pace and urgency
- Excellent communication skills
- Pro-active with initiative and a strong team player
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, together with a covering letter and we'll get back to you ASAP!
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate against our job applicants or employees and we aim to select the best person for the job.
We monitor the community background and sex of our job applicants and employees in order to demonstrate our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity in employment and to comply with our duties under the Fair Employment & Treatment (NI) Order 1998.
You are not obliged to answer the pre-screening questions (N/A) and you will not suffer any penalty if you choose not to do so. Nevertheless, we encourage you to answer these questions. Your answers will be used by us to prepare and submit a monitoring return to the Equality Commission, but your identity will be kept anonymous. In all other regards your answers will be treated with the strictest confidence. We assure you that your answers will not be used by us to make any decisions affecting you, whether in a recruitment exercise or during the course of any employment with us.
If you do not answer the questions, we are encouraged to use the residuary method of making a determination, which means that we can make a determination as to your community background on the basis of the personal information supplied by you in your application form/personnel file.
Note: If you answer, you are obliged to do so truthfully as it is a criminal offence under the Fair Employment (Monitoring) Regulations (NI) 1999 to knowingly give false answers to these questions.