We’re looking for a Team Manager to join the Maintenance Engineering team at our Bulmers plant in Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, the home of Ireland’s favourite cider brands.
Reporting directly to the Site Engineering Manager, this role is all about managing our engineering resources and ensuring maximum availability of our assets. You’ll be a key member of the engineering team, helping to coordinate and deliver a pro-active and flexible engineering service to the Bulmers site.
So what’s involved?
Through rapid fault identification and planned routine maintenance, the site maintenance team focus on optimising our operational efficiency. We take a collaborative approach, working closely with colleagues across manufacturing teams, and driving a continuous improvement and high performance culture.
You’ll monitor plant performance against agreed standards, track Engineering KPIs, and implement downtime reduction activities. You’ll use your technical expertise to address more challenging engineering issues, and to support wider engineering projects and improvement initiatives.
As a Team Manager, you’ll work with a team of skilled engineers and apprentices to ensure they are deployed effectively, and that they maintain their professional skills and expertise through training and on-the-job learning. You’ll coordinate their working hours and oversee their personal performance objectives. Above all, you’ll be a champion of safe working practices, and make sure that your team follow all necessary health and safety practices, and act as H&S role models for other employees and contractors on site.
What you’ll need:
• You’ll definitely be a qualified engineer, with a bias towards either mechanical or electrical – but ideally you’ll have good working knowledge of both.
• Experience in a supervisory or team management role in a KPI-driven manufacturing environment.
• The ability to engage, coach and empower people to improve their performance.
• Experience of working with new technologies to continuously-improve performance.
• The ability to deliver under pressure; and flexibility within time management to ensure business needs are met.
• A strong commercial and business awareness and the ability to influence and engage key stakeholders.
Send us a CV that demonstrates your engineering team leadership skills, and we’ll come back to you asap.