We are on the look-out for an organised and analytical person with good Excel skills to join our busy Logistics team, to help us with compliance and reporting.
This is a permanent role based at our Wellpark Brewery on Duke Street, and comes with a competitive salary. In addition, you’ll join our pension scheme, receive private health care, a generous product allowance and be eligible for our bonus scheme. Plus you get to work for an iconic Scottish business. What’s not to like?
So what’s involved?
If you’ve ever taken the Tennents Brewery Tour, you’ll know that Wellpark is the biggest brewery in Scotland. Every day we produce over a million cans. Those include our own brands like Tennents and Caledonian Best, as well as products for other businesses and retailers. We’ve got a lot of product leaving the site every day, and because these are excise goods, we need to make sure that we fully comply with HMRC regulations. And that’s where you come in.
This role is all about making sure that we accurately track the movement of our products. That includes making sure all transit documentation is completed correctly, and developing clear processes to make sure that Wellpark remains fully compliant. There is a big reporting element to the job, and you’ll be reporting and analysing logistics data (e.g. keg returns, load fills) and trying to continuously improve the performance of our third party logistics partners.
What you’ll need:
- Working knowledge of HMRC regulations that relate to the warehousing and transport of excise goods – DP/DIS
- Awareness of legislative reporting requirements on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Good Microsoft Office skills, with a primary focus on Excel
- Knowledge of HMRC Public Notice 196 & 197
- Knowledge of eCustoms (EMCS)
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- A naturally logical and organised approach to your work.
Does this sound like you?
Send us a CV that demonstrates that you’ve got the skills and experience we’re looking for. And we promise to come back to you asap.