Lead Microbiologist QA
18-month Fixed Term Contract
Bulmers are looking for a Lead QA Microbiologist to join the team in Clonmel on an 18-month fixed term contract. In this role, it will be your duty to ensure a precise and accurate technical service so that the product we produce & dispatch is right first time every time.
- Deputise for the Quality Assurance Manager as required
- Development & maintenance of effective site sampling plans and product specifications
- Accountable for achievement of site quality KPIs, and the associated reporting
- Accountable for ensuring compliance to sampling plans
- Investigation of complaints, analysing and compiling the associated reports
- Assist with the sustainability targets of Group QMS
- Responsible for maintenance and development of BRC, ISO9001, ISO 22000, FSSC, FEMAS and other relevant site standards. This includes food safety audit schedules
- Drive continuous improvement (through Quality & Technical projects) and best practices
- Support the Group’s incident management team process.
- Manage the microbiology, sensory and process laboratory functions
- Develop, train and coach other Quality team members
- Accountable for calibration of key quality & production instrumentation
- Liaise with suppliers regarding non-conforming packaging/raw materials
Skills/ experience we’re looking for:
- Recognised science qualification with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in food/drinks laboratory environment or other
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team, and developing the team members
- Experienced in microbiological, sensory and fermentation Analysis, including the associated report writing
- Demonstrable experience of delivering improvement projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence people towards a common goal
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Strong planning and organizational ability, with a logical approach to challenges
- Strong working knowledge of HACCP and Quality systems.
- Computer literate with knowledge of excel, word & other QMS package.
Send us a CV that demonstrates your expertise and we’ll be in touch ASAP!