Key Account Manager - East
We’ve got an opportunity for a Key Account Manager to support our East coast sales team within the on trade sector. You’ll be responsible for managing key accounts and relationships within the region to grow our business range/ offering with these clients - giving you an unparalleled opportunity to develop a fantastic range of brands that all consumers enjoy.
This is a field-based role which will require you to visit Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow from time to time (head office). Given the current Covid-19 pandemic, all 1st stage interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams calls and a degree of flexibility will be required. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.
So what’s involved?
As Key Account Manager, you’ll manage the key IFT customer base within the eastern region on trade sector whilst delivering the highest level of customer service at all times. This will include tasks such as:
- Develop the account base - managing complex commercial relationships within a defined portfolio of multiple retailers, key wholesalers, regional brewing customers and hospitality groups
- Promote and sell both core & portfolio products to improve distribution, rate of sale and profit through professional sales techniques (such as brand knowledge, portfolio selling, profit awareness, category insight information, etc) whilst establishing long term customer relationships
- Drive volume and distribution growth while achieving retention targets, particularly for C&C Group ‘core’ brands
- Develop & implement account plans with each Key Account customer to support our own business strategy while taking into account the broader commercial context in which the customer operates in to ensure the best approach is taken for each customer
- Manage the broader commercial relationship with customers including loan finance, credit terms, technical service asset management, wholesale policy, grey market policy and regional brewer trading policy
- Grow the availability & visibility of our core and portfolio range in indirect supplied outlets across the sales region through the development and implementation of joint business plans, linking with BDM’s on opportunities as required
- Activate brand platforms and promotional activity through both retail key account groups and wholesaler supplied indirect outlets
- Effectively complete required reporting & administration
- Find solutions to customer issues without compromising business objectives
- Aim to improve customer offering POS materials, brand investment support, trade events and promotional activity, linking with customer marketing on brand activation activity
- Manage and monitor budget spend to ensure maximum profit return within account base, taking into account existing and potential financial return
- Manage costs to implement POS & support materials to ensure no overspend
- Effectively use customer marketing spend and hospitality to support brand objectives as required and within agreed guidelines
What you’ll need:
Our sales team are looking to add a Key Account Manager with significant account management experience in an FMCG sales role, preferably accumulated within the on trade space. Given the region you will be covering, a full driving license is required.
Key to success will be your ability to build and develop strong working relationships - both with internal teams (sales, marketing, finance, accounts, etc) and external customers/ clients from a range of environments. Your highly developed communication & negotiation skills, which you will have gained through practical experience, mean you will be able to engage with all stakeholders to achieve the best outcome for all involved.
A collaborative approach will help you find solutions and achieve results within the region, so ideally you will have a proven background of achieving sales targets within the same or a similar environment.
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate commercial expertise and the ability to analyse numerical and analytical data for the best approach/ outcome.
You will be required to be proficient using MS Office programs (including Excel for reporting) and CRM’s.
Send us a CV that demonstrates your sales and/ or account management experience and we’ll get back to you ASAP!
C&C Group (and inclusive companies) do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our roles – we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs including those submitted to hiring managers. C&C Group explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.