Group Internal Auditor
Due to an internal move, we are looking for a Group Internal Auditor to support the changing needs of the business and help embed an effective audit culture with appropriate risk management and controls in place across the business units – from financial practices, to people processes, and everything in between.
The ideal candidate will be based in Glasgow out of our Wellpark Brewery site in Glasgow, however we are open to applicants based near our Bristol (Matthew Clark) or Dublin (C&C Gleeson) offices.
So what’s involved?
This roles is ideal for a qualified accountant looking for a move out of practice and into industry, or for those already working in an internal audit position.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Delivering our annual audit plan by planning and undertaking internal audit reviews and projects, appraising the relevant risks, processes & controls and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Providing management, including our Audit Committee, with written reports of the results and recommendations of each piece of work undertaken
- Following up on managements response to Internal Audit recommendations to determine if agreed control improvements have been implemented
- Contributing to the development of corporate governance activities throughout the Group including ongoing development of risk management frameworks, audit methodologies and governance structures
- Occasionally supervising and supporting the work of guest auditors or third party consultants engaged to support the delivery of an internal audit review or project
- Promoting operational efficiency through performance auditing
What you’ll need:
You’ll be a qualified accountant with experience of supervising audit assignments in large and complex organisations. Ideally this will be within a relevant industry for example FMCG/ Manufacturing/ Wholesale/ Logistics/ Distribution.
Other important skills you will need to be successful include:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to quickly build good relationships and help grow a positive audit culture across the group
- Genuine curiosity and mental agility to be able to quickly get under the skin of the business, ask the right questions and spot potential risks or opportunities
- Great IT skills, with advanced skills in MS Office packages.
You will need to be available to travel regularly if successful – usually within the UK and Ireland, but occasionally further afield.
Send us a CV that demonstrates your audit skills and we’ll aim to get back to you ASAP!