C&C Group plc is a premium drinks company which owns, manufactures, markets and distributes a unique portfolio of beer and cider brands in its home markets and across the globe. You probably know us best from brands like Bulmers, Magners and Tennent’s.
We’re looking for an experienced Procurement specialist to lead our Group Procurement function. Based at one of our operational sites (Glasgow or Clonmel), you will play a pivotal role in setting and executing a procurement strategy that delivers for the whole C&C Group.
So what’s involved?
This role is all about delivering leadership, strategic direction and performance excellence within the Group Procurement function. The core focuses for the team are maintaining the security of supply, achieving the best available cost, and maximising our working capital efficiency.
With a significant annual group spend, there is plenty of scope to identify and evolve best practices in category management, supplier development, contract structures, payment terms, supplier consolidation, cost discipline and socially responsible procurement.
You’ll be leading a team of talent procurement specialists with excellent category knowledge and expertise. You’ll be working with them to continue to build procurement capability and performance, with a relentless focus on continuous improvement.
Reporting directly to the Group Operations Director and with regular contact with Operations and Commercial leaders across the Group, this is excellent opportunity to build on your successful management career within a dynamic and complex supply chain function.
What you’ll need:
- A clear track record in a Procurement leadership role within an FMCG (ideally alcohol or soft drinks) or a similarly fast-paced manufacturing business
- MCIPS or equivalent professional qualification would be great, but we value your experience more.
- Excellent financial and governance skills. Building, monitoring and delivering on budgets is a key part of this role.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills in order to intrinsically understand the whole supply chain operation.
- Excellent relationship building skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate at board level.
- Experience of leading and coaching a team of experienced Procurement specialists.
- The ability to travel (c25%) between sites – predominantly in the UK and Ireland.
Send us a CV that demonstrates your procurement leadership skills. And we’ll be back in touch asap.