General Operator - Process (Temporary)
Bulmers Ltd is Ireland’s biggest drinks wholesaler, providing a full range of branded alcoholic and soft drinks to pubs, clubs, supermarkets, and retailers across the country. We have an exciting opportunity to join the Manufacturing team.
As General Operator – the objective is to ensure support Bulmers production requirements by undertaking day-to-day activities within manufacturing when required, to ensure quality, delivery & continuously improving service for our internal/external customers.
So, what’s involved?
- Responsible for equipment used while carrying out role, including manual cleaning, CIP, supporting changeovers, basic monitoring, asset care as necessary, to ensure production delivery of the right quality, on time and at the right cost to both internal/external customers.
- Compliance with all SHE, Quality, Technical & Food Safety requirements & standards. This includes undertaking risk assessments and all cleaning activities requested by line manager.
- Raise any concerns or anomalies found whilst carrying out all duties with FLM to drive improvement, wherever possible take corrective action to deal with anomalies, informing FLM of solution.
- Undertake training to continually develop skills & knowledge to meet on-going business demands. When trained to do so/appropriate, undertake internal audits on own or other departments.
- Attend meetings and briefing as necessary to ensure best practice is maintained across the site.
- When required act as single point of contact within team in absence of FLM, to ensure all departments targets & KPI’s are met.
- Contribute to minimising downtime & maximising performance by undertaking any reasonable management request, where it is safe to do so skills & knowledge permit.
- When required, train others to support continuous development of their skills & knowledge and to meet the demands of the business now & in the future.
What you’ll need:
- Experience of working in a production/manufacturing role – must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be able to demonstrate an enthusiastic approach.
- Excellent team player, able to build & develop strong working relationships with colleagues
- A self-starter by prioritising own workload based on order of importance
- Can use past experiences to identify & solve problems
- Experience of working to targets within a production environment.
- Computer literate – knowledge of MS packages
- Leaving Certificate/additional courses ideally
- Site system knowledge with ability to interpret & interrogate systems for product tracking etc – highly desirable (although, not essential!)
Send us your CV by following “Apply” on this page and we’ll get back to you ASAP!
C&C Group (and inclusive companies) do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our roles – we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs including those submitted to hiring managers. C&C Group explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.