We are on the look-out for a General Manager to lead our Scottish distribution operation.
As Scotland’s biggest brewer and the UK’s biggest drinks wholesaler, we produce, store and move a huge volume of products around the country – making sure that pubs, clubs, hotels and restaurants are always well stocked with the great products our customers expect. We operate 7 depots in Scotland, and around 300 distribution team members. Together they deliver over 3000 tonnes of product every week, to over 3000 different locations.
This newly created leadership role is all about providing commercial leadership, strategic direction and performance management for our Scottish distribution network.
So what’s involved?
You will develop and execute the long term strategy for Distribution in Scotland, leading change programmes across the network to improve performance.
You’ll lead a core team of depot, warehousing and transport management specialists. They’ll be your eyes and ears on the ground and keep the day-to-day aspects of the distribution operation running smoothly. Your will be focused on the commercial performance of the whole network, improving overall service standards, cost performance and people engagement.
A key part of your role will be managing resources appropriately to ensure we manage costs effectively. You’ll own the budget for the entire network, ensuring that OPEX and CAPEX are managed effectively. Leaders at Tennent’s are expected to “know their numbers”, so it is essential that you can quickly understand and interpret financial data.
The safety of our people is paramount, so you will be a champion of safe working practices for all staff and depot visitors, and work with a dedicated H&S specialist to continually improve and reinforce safety standards.
You’ll be a key member of the Operations leadership team, reporting directly to the Group Operations Director, and working with colleagues across the business.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Tennents and the wider C&C Group, and take ownership of the development and performance of a critical and fast-moving part of the Tennent’s business.
What you’ll need:
- Experience of working in an commercial leadership role in logistics / supply chain / distribution
- A high degree of financial acumen, with experience of managing significant budgets of over £10million
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills to be able to understand a complex operation and identify opportunities for improvement
- A track record of successful leadership of a sizeable team (100+) ideally in a unionised environment
- Evidence of delivering demanding KPIs including service, cost, people and safety.
- Great communication skills with the ability to provide clear direction and motivation to the team
- Flexibility, adaptability and a passion to succeed
This is a permanent role, and comes with a competitive salary. In addition, you’ll be eligible for a range of great benefits including our bonus, pension, private health care, sharesave, and a generous product allowance. Plus you get to work for an iconic Scottish business. What’s not to like?
Send us a CV that demonstrates that you’ve got the distribution leadership expertise we need, and we’ll come back to you ASAP.