Our Supply Chain distribution network, supported by our Head Office team at the Wellpark Brewery works hard to store, move and deliver a full range of ciders, beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks, so our customers always have access to the products they need.
We are on the look-out for a Finance Analyst to support the team. The main focus will be supporting our network of Scottish distribution depots – including Inverness, Kintore, Dundee, Cambuslang, Irvine and Dumfries. However, you may also get involved in broader Supply Chain projects, which include our Brewery site in Glasgow.
So what’s involved?
This role is all about delivering timely and objective financial reporting and analysis. You’ll identify trends, help with decision making, identify opportunities for improvements and spot opportunities to reduce costs. Once you’re up to speed, you’ll be the first point of call for any questions about our Depot Financial performance. Specifically, you’ll:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly Supply Chain reviews identifying clearly variances to expectations, and making sure any variances are understood and mitigated;
- Interpret business trends and metrics to assist key decision makers in forming an objective view of operations, services and opportunities;
- Provide relevant financial insight and financial data to the Supply Chain Finance Manager, Finance Business Partner and Operational teams;
- Prepare and own the budget (and QFR) process and numbers for the Depot Network
- Support on a range of business change projects and continuous improvement initiatives
This role is based at the Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow, but will require occasional visits to the depots.
This is a great first step into the FMCG industry, for a bright, commercially savvy analyst who enjoys a fast paced role. It’s been a really busy year for us, with two major acquisitions. We don’t envisage the pace of change slowing down, so be prepared to join an exciting, constantly evolving business.
What you’ll need:
- You’ll be a part-qualified accountant with experience of working in an analytical finance role in a fast paced industry, e.g. manufacturing, retail, logistics
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (including pivots, vLookUps)
- A confident, proactive style, with the ability to build good working relationships that allow you to challenge stakeholders in a positive way
- The maturity to know when to ask for help – this is a complicated business, and it’s perfectly OK to ask for clarification if you don’t understand something
- Flexibility to travel occasionally
- The ability to live our four ‘T’ values – Tenacious (the determination to make difficult things happen), Trusted (people know they can rely on you to deliver), Tempted (the curiosity and confidence to try new things and keep improving), True (respecting your colleagues and acting with integrity).
Send us a CV that shows off your financial management skills and we’ll be back in touch ASAP.