Our Operations Finance team support our Manufacturing sites and our Supply Chain network. Together, the Ops teams work hard to make, store, move and deliver a full range of ciders, beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks, so our customers always have access to the products they need.
We are on the look-out for a Finance Analyst to join the team.
So what’s involved?
This role is all about delivering timely and objective financial reporting and analysis. You’ll identify trends, help with decision making, identify opportunities for improvements and to spot opportunities to reduce costs. Once you’re up to speed, you’ll be the first point of call for any questions about our Ops performance. Specifically, you’ll:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reviews identifying clearly variances to expectations, and making sure any variances are understood and mitigated;
- Interpret business trends and metrics to assist key decision makers in forming an objective view of operations, services and opportunities;
- Provide relevant financial insight and financial data to the Finance Business Partners and Ops Leadership teams;
- Prepare and own the budget (and QFR) process and numbers for the Ops teams
- Support on a range of business change projects and continuous improvement initiatives
This role is based at the Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow, but may require occasional visits to our depots or other manufacturing sites.
This is a great first step into the FMCG industry, for a bright, commercially savvy analyst who enjoys a fast paced role. It’s been a really busy year for us, and we don’t envisage the pace of change slowing down, so be prepared to join an exciting, constantly evolving business.
What you’ll need:
- You’ll probably be a part-qualified accountant with experience of working in an analytical finance role in a fast paced industry, e.g. manufacturing, retail, logistics
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (including pivots, vLookUps)A confident, proactive style, with the ability to build good working relationships that allow you to challenge stakeholders in a positive way
- The maturity to know when to ask for help – this is a complex business, and it’s perfectly OK to ask for clarification if you don’t understand something
- Flexibility to travel occasionally
- The ability to live our four ‘T’ values – Tenacious (the determination to make difficult things happen), Trusted (people know they can rely on you to deliver), Tempted (the curiosity and confidence to try new things and keep improving), True (respecting your colleagues and acting with integrity).
Send us a CV that shows off your financial management skills and we’ll be back in touch ASAP.