We’ve committed to some exciting sustainability goals, and so we can achieve those targets, we are now looking for an Environmental Engineer to join us on a permanent basis. This role is based in at Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow, and will initially focus on activity there - as the role develops there will be travel & responsibilities for our manufacturing site in Clonmel (Ireland).
Given the current Covid-19 pandemic, all 1st stage interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams and a degree of flexibility will be required.
So what’s involved?
As Environmental Engineer you will become integral to our sustainability goals and, through collaboration & engagement, help us continue to develop towards our targets – you can read more about them here: https://candcgroupplc.com/our-footprint/
This role will report into our Group Head of Engineering, and will see you work with a range of stakeholders simultaneously to continue to push forward existing projects whilst identifying (then evaluating) further potential opportunities to improve our environmental impact.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Taking the lead on our environmental agenda, with a focus on the sustainability targets we have set as a company
- Project management of our sustainability program, in partnership with key internal departments ( particularly across production) & external contractors to meet expectations
- Lead the environmental & sustainability elements of our CI and CAPEX initiatives
- Manage all site-based KPI’s relative to sustainability & environmental performance. This includes reporting metrics/ tracking indicators such as utilities & waste as well as progress & business reports
- Collaborate with the EHS Manager on deliverables and regulatory authorities requirements, including any improvement recommendations
- Ensure optimisation of our WWTP & CO2 recovery through metrics & measurement
- Become the subject matter expect (SME) on our environmental deliverables, in collaboration with the Group ESG Committee
- Support the site with fault-finding on day-to-day issues
What we’re looking for:
This is an opportunity to come into a newly created role that will grow as the business & sustainability/ environmental agenda grows. We’re looking for an Environmental Engineer to join our team that has some previous experience in a similar-type role. Ideally you’d be degree educated in a relevant discipline (such as environmental science or similar).
Other key experience you’ll need includes:
- Working to deliver sustainable solutions & outcomes throughout operational activities (we are an FMCG business)
- Working knowledge of current environmental compliance requirements applicable to manufacturing
- Chartered membership, or working towards chartered membership of a relevant professional institute (desired)
- NEBOSH certificate (desired)
- Able to drive strategy through tactical delivery
Apply now with a CV that details your expertise and we’ll be in touch ASAP!
C&C Group (and inclusive companies) do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our roles – we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs including those submitted to hiring managers. C&C Group explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.