Apprenticeship – Engineering Stores (2 years)
Here at the Wellpark Brewery, we brew, package and ship millions of cans, kegs and bottles of beer every week. We produce our own brands, like Tennent’s and Caledonia Best – but we also produce a wide variety of other beers on behalf of other breweries and retailers. To produce great beer on an industrial scale we have a huge range of specialist equipment onsite, and our Engineering team work around the clock to make sure that it all runs as efficiently as possible.
Engineering are looking for an apprentice to start as soon as possible that they can develop into an Engineering Stores specialist. Stores specialists are vitally important for any large scale Engineering function. They help us achieve the highest level of efficiency by ensuring we have access to the tools, parts and services we need to maintain equipment, improve operational efficiency, and ensure a safe working environment for all our people.
So what’s involved?
You’ll work with the Engineering team to learn all about stores management and how it supports maintenance engineering. You can expect to get involved in:
- Maintaining stock levels of critical spares through monthly stock checks
- Searching for alternative suppliers of specific parts to maximise use of budgets
- Supporting Engineers/Planner by advising when parts on order will arrive on site
- Liaising with external contractors to ensure any spares required are available
Most of your learning will happen on the job, but you’ll also spend c.1 day a week in college studying for a nationally recognised qualification. Once you’re qualified, we hope that you’ll then move into a professional stores management role, and continue to develop and grow your career with us.
What you’ll need:
- A good academic background – You probably enjoyed STEM subjects like maths, science and technical education while you were at school
- Good written and spoken English
- A conscientious approach – You’re reliable and hardworking, and don’t take shortcuts
- The desire to learn, both on-the-job, and through part time study
- An interest in developing a career in the food and drink industry
- Some experience in life, school or employment that demonstrates your ability to live our four ‘T’ values – Tenacious (the determination to make things happen), Trusted (people know they can rely on you), Tempted (curiosity and confidence to try new things), True (respecting your team mates and looking out for each other).
- Finally, because this role is based in the brewery, it is a legal requirement that you are over 18 when you start work.
What you’ll get:
While you’re training, you’ll receive the Glasgow Living Wage, as well as a fully funded college qualification. You’ll also get the option to join our staff pension. You’ll get 30 days holiday a year, private health insurance and the chance to earn an annual bonus. And you’ll receive a product allowance!
Normally we ask people to apply with CVs, but if you don’t have much experience, please make sure you include a cover letter (with a few sentences) telling us a bit about why you would be suitable for this role!