Site Engineering Manager
We’re looking for someone to join us as an Engineering Manager, part of the Senior Leadership Team you will have accountability for the delivery of the plant availability on site, ensuring the ability to meet OEE targets, quality standards and service expectations.
You will also be responsible for the development and performance of equipment across the site, the leader of the engineering team, whilst bringing innovation and best practice in engineering standards.
Given the current Covid-19 pandemic, all 1st stage interviews will take place via Zoom calls and a degree of flexibility will be required. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.
So what’s involved?
- Provide expert assistance to site Production Managers, Team Managers, Craft group and Operators on engineering matters. Support fault-finding and root cause analysis to ensure a culture of performance improvement.
- Lead the engineering team to provide an excellence service and response to business requirements.
- Deliver compliance with engineering standards for site in respect of project specifications, automation control, numbering conventions, drawings etc. Ensure they comply with all relevant legislation
- Deliver and ensure continuing review of maintenance strategy and policy for site, to ensure it is relevant and fit for the business.
- Deliver P&L performance metrics e.g. energy utilisation, machine uptime, maintenance KPIs, labour utilisation.
- Ensure asset replacement needs for plant are identified and the appropriate case put forward. Monitor assets’ fitness for purpose
- Improvement of process, reliability and cost base in conjunction with site team, production support, group project, quality functions and outside suppliers as appropriate
- Co-ordinate site project management and CAPEX plan including legislative responsibilities.
- Support relevant training and development of engineering and operations staff
- Focus on site sustainability, to include delivery of group sustainability strategy projects.
- Responsible person for engineering revenue and Capital budgets for site
- Maintain relationships with key suppliers
- Ensure development of engineering stores to meet group standards for stock levels and cash flow
- Ensure delivery of Energy and Fluids strategy, involving best practice techniques, to meet site and group environmental targets that show year on year KPI improvement
- Foster a working environment and business culture which encourages "continuous improvement" throughout the business
- Drive quality to the top of every agenda, delivering an outstanding right first time approach
What you’ll need:
We’re looking for a significantly experienced (and/ or qualified) engineering or packaging manager, ideally from a food drink or FMCG background. You’ll need to demonstrate strong management skills, including department, personnel and project management. This includes managing & developing a multi-disciplined team.
As Engineering Manager, it will be your responsibility to manage departmental costs and plan CapEx investments so you’ll need to have an understanding of this process. You’ll also be responsible for appointing and managing third party contractors who may have a role in equipment and/ or facility maintenance.
We are a unionised environment so ideally you’ll have experience of managing and influencing personnel issues in collaboration with HR. We’re also looking for evidence of:
- A strong knowledge and experience of the application of continuous improvement systems, standards and tools and how to execute and monitor these through your leadership team
- Commercially astute, able to maintain and drive the business against targets and forecasts
- Involvement in “key customer” relationship management and retention
- Ability to challenge the views of others in a constructive and convincing manner where it is required to bring about positive change
- A good understanding of modern management practice, technologies and processes
Send us a CV that demonstrates your engineering leadership, and we’ll be back in touch ASAP.
C&C Group (and inclusive companies) do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our roles – we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs including those submitted to hiring managers. C&C Group explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.