We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our SLT team and lead the engineering function which supports our operations at the Wellpark Brewery site in Glasgow. The focus of this demanding role is to improve plant availability, capacity and energy efficiency through your team.
This role will report into the Site General Manager and is a permanent opportunity.
So, what’s involved?
The Engineering Manager will lead and coordinate site maintenance to deliver on working targets whilst helping to deliver a program of cultural change. You will be responsible for the development of the site maintenance strategy across brewery processes & packaging lines, and lead the delivery of that program through efficient utilization your engineering team. Regarding your engineering team, it will be the Engineering Manager’s overall responsibility to mentor/ support/ coach the existing team members by reviewing training & development needs and acting on where necessary.
You’ll be the technical lead on all engineering related matters on site, including overhauls, new projects, continuous improvements, etc.
Other key accountabilities in the role include:
- Overall responsibility for delivery of all engineering KPI’s
- Responsibility for site contractors
- Always manage the statutory compliance of all engineering aspects of site ensuring that Wellpark is safe and in line with all aspects of Health & Safety, environmental and food safety legislation (collaboration with the SHE Manager)
- Work with the finance team to deliver & develop budgets
- Lead the engineering apprenticeship program, monitoring the delivery of training to ensure it is to the highest possible standards and therefore supporting succession planning
- Support HR Business Partner with management of the Trade Union, maintaining & updating the agreements in place where necessary
- Contribute towards the development of plans for capital improvement
What you’ll need:
The Engineering Manager will be a fully qualified engineer (preferably with a degree in a relevant engineering subject) with experience working in a fast-paced and complex FMCG environment (manufacturing, logistics or distribution, etc). You’ll have proven experience in a leadership role within an engineering department delivering on business targets and successful development plans for people & equipment. You possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to build good working relationship with both internal and external stakeholders.
Other key skills you will need to be successful are:
- Ability to drive change through positive communication, employee engagement and planning
- Proven experience developing, coaching, mentoring and motivating a team of professional engineers. This includes developing staff through continuous development, coaching and empowerment to drive improved performance
- Budgetary and analytical skills necessary to deal with financial aspects of the role
Send us a CV that demonstrates your operational engineering leadership & expertise and we’ll aim to get back to you ASAP!