Driver Assistant (Mate)
We are now on the look-out for five Drivers Assistants (Drivers Mates) which will require daily travel within a defined region for van assistant duties. As we are finalising the opening of our Newbridge, Edinburgh depot.
Our distribution network is expanding and we have opened a warehouse in Newbridge Edinburgh so we can enhance the service to our east coast customers and strengthen our logistics capabilities.
Given the current Covid-19 pandemic, all 1st stage interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams calls and a degree of flexibility will be required. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.
So, what’s involved?
As a Driver Assistant, you’ll be responsible for assisting the driver in delivery of ordered goods ensuring customer service is top priority and safe working practices are followed.
The key accountabilities for Driver Assistant include:
- Accompany driver in vehicle satisfying passenger & banksman responsibilities in compliance with relevant Road Traffic legislation/ regulations and company procedures
- Assist driver in ensuring that the correct stock is delivered to customer, with any breakages, discrepancies, empties or returned stock appropriately documented
- On return to Depot, assist Driver to empty van and locate empties, returning stock appropriately
What you’ll need:
We’re seeking Drivers Assistants with experience working in a warehouse or customer delivery role desirable. Other skills that would be beneficial include:
- Multi drop experience
- Ability to work with pace and towards tight deadlines
- Ability to lift and carry stock to an average weight of 10kg
- Can complete record sheets and paperwork accurately and efficiently
- Keen awareness of health & safety and proactive approach to maintaining safe ways of working
- Excellent customer service skills
Send us a CV that demonstrates your experience and we’ll aim to get back to you ASAP!
C&C Group (and inclusive companies) do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our roles – we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs including those submitted to hiring managers. C&C Group explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.