Customs and Excise Duty Manager
Location – Bristol, Glasgow, Belfast or Dublin location will be considered.
C&C Group is a manufacturer, marketer and distributor of branded cider, beer, wine, spirits and soft drinks.
As such, C&C Group are subject to customs and excise regulations and duties. We’re looking for someone who understands international customs and excise to join our Group Tax team and provide subject matter expertise to teams across the Group.
So what’s involved?
Ultimately you’ll be the go-to person for customs and excise queries, reporting and analysis.
You’ll obviously be focused on making sure we’re fully compliant with all the rules – but you’ll also on building knowledge and understanding about customs and excise among our supply chain and finance colleagues who have day to day responsibility for duty issues at each of our sites.
You’ll maintain our AEO (Authorised Economic Operator) status at each of our sites, and ensure that all appropriate procedures are being followed, and that we maintain an appropriate custom tariff classification system. You’ll also review bond and duty guarantees across the Group, and ensure that duty returns are reviewed regularly and appropriate due diligence is carried out on all customer suppliers. Lead a small team featuring currently one Logistics/Duty Co-ordinator.
What you’ll need:
- A good understanding of excise duty matters, and have a successful track record by holding a similar role ideally within the FMCG/Drinks industry
- A tax qualification is desirable
- A strong compliance mind-set, with the ability to communicate intricate regulations in clear manner
- Excellent numeracy skills, with good Excel skills
- A professional and measured approach to working with tax and customs authorities
- A preference for working in a busy, fast-paced environment and working off your own initiative
Send us a CV that shows off your customs and excise expertise, and we’ll be back in touch ASAP!