Customer Collections Advisor
Mat Cover - 18 Month FTC
We’re looking for a Customer Collections Advisor to join our re-structured Account Services team in a fast-paced, collections-focused role on a fixed-term basis.
This role would be based in Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow, however given the current Covid-19 pandemic all interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams calls and the role will initially be required to work from home. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.
So what’s involved?
These Customer Collections Advisors will primarily work with our customers in the off-trade sector to make sure their accounts are up to date and deal with any queries that arise. They will ensure company overdue debt levels are within targeted parameters and will minimise financial risk.
As important as it is for Customer Collection Advisors to have the financial savvy to manage transactions and finance systems, the MOST important thing is how you handle situations. They come across many different situations and this role has a focus on collections that are high volume and low value.
Other Key Accountabilities include:
- Maximise cash flow by ensuring cash is collected in line with or below payment terms for all accounts
- Review held orders daily and release in line with authority levels and within cut-off times
- Ensure that credit limits are always adhered to and to ensure that credit limit reviews are in line with changing risk and/or payment history
- Maintain a log procedure, by account, of any queries received and corresponding communication relating to collection of the outstanding debt
- Ensuring Customer details are accurately updated in the system
- To negotiate and monitor payment plans within agreed authority levels for their ledgers
- To maintain an accurate Accounts Receivable ledger and ensure accounts are reconciled regularly
What you’ll need:
To join our Account Services team, we’re looking for people with EXCELLENT interpersonal skills & communication with the ability to adapt your approach to different customers (a good sense of humour can help but also able to handle the difficult conversations!)
We’re also looking for:
- Experience in a busy credit control, accounts receivable, sales ledger, recoveries, debt, or collections role at a commercial level preferably within a FMCG environment
- Computer literacy, so comfortable using Word, Excel (extensively), knowledge of VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables etc.
- The ability to work at pace in a high-volume environment with accuracy & attention to detail and able to adhere to established processes and procedures.
Does this sound like you?
Send us a CV that demonstrates your experience & achievements, and we'll come back to you ASAP!
C&C Group (and inclusive companies) do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our roles – we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs including those submitted to hiring managers. C&C Group explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.