Class 1 Drivers
Edinburgh Newbridge Depot
We are looking for Class 1 Drivers to support our Cambuslang Depot. You will be required to travel within the defined region and will report into the Transport Shift Manager. This role will be dayshift working hours - Monday to Friday with weekend work paid at a premium with a competitive salary.
Given the current Covid-19 pandemic, all 1st stage interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams/Zoom calls and a degree of flexibility will be required. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.
So, what’s involved?
As a Driver with Tennents, you’ll be responsible for delivering ordered goods to trade customers while ensuring excellent customer service is delivered, you will also always follow safe working practices and achieve delivery KPI’s.
Key accountabilities associated with being one of our Driver are:
- Ensure security of company stock, vehicle and property always
- Operate company vehicle in compliance with relevant Road Traffic legislation/regulations and policies and procedures
- Undertake daily vehicle checks at the start of shift, noting any faults on check sheet prior to passing to the Transport Manager
- Collect cash payments from customers as required, following cash handling procedures and complying with Credit Control instructions
- Ensure all paperwork is completed and ensure that all lifting and carrying of goods is carried out correct as instructed utilising the equipment provided
- Working within the warehouse when required and ensuring the correct stock is delivered to the customer
What you’ll need:
We’re seeking Drivers with excellent practical capabilities and the ability to work quickly and to tight deadlines. Multi drop experience would also be advantageous whilst HEALTH & SAFETY IS KEY!
You’ll also need:
- A Cat C1 licence and digital tachograph card
- Driver Qualification Card / CPC training.
- Ability to lift and carry stock to an average weight of 10kgs
- Keen awareness of health & safety and proactive approach to maintaining safe ways of working.
- The ability to complete record sheets and paperwork accurately and efficiently
Send us a CV that demonstrates your driving experience and we’ll aim to get back to you ASAP!
C&C Group (and inclusive companies) do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our roles – we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs including those submitted to hiring managers. C&C Group explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.