C&C Group plc is a premium drinks company which owns, manufactures, markets and distributes a unique portfolio of beer and cider brands in its home markets and across the globe. You probably know us best from brands like Bulmers, Magners and Tennent’s.
We’re looking for someone to join us as a Category Manager, and help us manage some of our indirect spend (e.g. Facilities Management, PPE, HR, Professional Services, Marketing, Travel, Fleet, Couriers, Technology, etc.)
So what’s involved?
This role is all about managing our indirect spend and ensuring we get the products and services we need at the best possible value, while delivering cost savings.
You will work closely with key business stakeholders to ensure you understand their business objectives and priorities, and include them in your overall plan. You’ll use your commercial savvy and market knowledge of the FMCG sector to deliver an efficient and effective sourcing approach, providing market insight and analysis, and running competitive and professional tender processes.
You’ll develop and manage relationships with your key suppliers, and keep track of trends and developments that might impact price or supply chain availability.
You’ll also develop strong internal relationships with finance to ensure we’re realising the savings, and effectively managing our budget and reporting.
Our Procurement team operate with a large amount of personal autonomy, and you will be trusted to deliver good results, with coaching and support from your colleagues.
What you’ll need:
- Ideally you’ll have some experience of working in FMCG, ideally in the drinks industry
- Proven experience of relevant and successful category management – ideally in indirects
- Demonstrate achievements in contract negotiation, cost savings, risk mitigation, supplier consolidation and strategic vendor partnerships.
- Solid business and numerical acumen are a must
- You’ll have a passion to delivery good results, and go the extra mile
- Willing to travel occasionally – usually between C&C Group sites in the UK and Ireland, or to supplier sites.
Send us a CV that demonstrates your knowledge of Indirect Procurement, and we’ll be back in touch asap.
NB - For the time being, we are only considering applications for this role from current employees and temporary workers at C&C Group plc.