We’re looking for a Cashier to join the Credit Control team at the Wellpark Brewery in central Glasgow.
This is an entry level role, and an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic Credit Control team in a busy office environment. Full training will be provided. The role requires excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail to ensure that cash receipts are accurately applied to customer accounts across 4 different legal entities.
So what’s involved?
Our trade customers are predominantly pubs, clubs, hotels and restaurants. They range from big national chains to small independent business owners. Our credit control team work closely with customers both big and small to ensure that their payments are received, correctly credited to their accounts and any credit issues managed.
This role is all about processing cash receipts onto customer accounts – making sure that cash allocation is done accurately and quickly, and investigating and resolving any problems. You’ll be liaising directly with customers to ensure outstanding remittance advice are received promptly, and will be processing small balance write offs.
You’ll support the wider Credit Control team with administration, including managing their shared Inbox and ensure that queries are assigned to the right person to be dealt with quickly – and you’ll have the chance to get involved with projects that focus on continually improving our approach to managing customer credit.
What you’ll need:
- An interest in developing a career in finance administration or credit control
- National 5 qualification (or equivalent) in Accountancy, Business or a related subject
- Good computer literacy with knowledge of Excel
- High levels of accuracy with great attention to detail
- A preference to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to deal with a high volume of calls and queries
- The confidence and resourcefulness to talk to people and figure out sensible solutions to problems
Send us a copy of your CV that demonstrates you have the skills and experience we're looking for, and we promise to come back to you ASAP.