You probably know that Tennent’s is Scotland’s biggest brewer. But did you know that we’re also Scotland’s largest drinks wholesaler, supplying Scotland’s pubs, clubs, restaurants and hotels with a whole range of branded drinks products.
We’re looking for a Buyer to join the Procurement team within our Wholesale business, to support purchasing across all drinks categories, including spirits, beers, softs and dry goods.
This role will be based at our Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow, but some travel will also be required.
So what’s involved?
This role is all about building strong relationships with suppliers, so that we can purchase the goods we need, and ensure they are available to our On Trade customers on demand and on budget.
You’ll be working closely with our Head of Procurement, Commercial Finance team and Sales Director, as well as a range of other key stakeholders across the business.
You’ll participate in Range Planning in line with our overall commercial plan, and use your commercial and negotiation skills to secure the best prices and contract terms.
What you’ll need:
- Buying OR Sales experience within the On Trade, ideally for an FMCG or Wholesale organisation
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with great commercial judgment and negotiation skills
- Experience of sourcing new suppliers and collating prices
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly build relationships
- Fantastic organizational skills and have the ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- The ability to work at a fast pace
- Numeracy and analytical skills
- The ability to supervise a small team when required
- The flexibility to travel to other Tennent’s/C&C Group sites when required
Send us a CV that shows off your skills, and we’ll be back in touch ASAP.