We’re looking for a Team Manager to join the Maintenance Engineering team at our Tennent's plant at Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow, the home of Scotland's iconic lager.
Reporting directly to the Site Engineering Manager, this role is all about managing our engineering resources and ensuring maximum availability of our assets. You’ll be a key member of the engineering FLM team, helping to coordinate and deliver a pro-active and flexible engineering service to Wellpark.
So what's involved?
Through rapid fault identification and planned routine maintenance, the site maintenance team focus on optimising our operational efficiency. You’ll monitor plant performance against agreed standards, track Engineering KPIs, and implement downtime reduction activities. You’ll use your technical expertise to address more challenging engineering issues, and to support wider engineering projects and improvement initiatives. Proven track record required at managing P&L budgets, providing spend reports on an agreed frequency a must.
As a Team Manager, you’ll work with a team of skilled engineers and apprentices to ensure they are deployed effectively, and that they maintain their professional skills and expertise through training and on-the-job learning. You’ll coordinate their working hours and oversee their personal performance objectives. Above all, you’ll be a champion of safe working practices, and make sure that your team follow all necessary health and safety practices, and act as H&S role models for other employees and contractors on site.
What you'll need:
• You will have a strong engineering background, ideally with a multi-skilled background.
• FMCG experience in a FLM role in a KPI-driven manufacturing environment.
• The ability to engage, coach and empower people to improve their performance.
• Experience of working with new technologies to continuously-improve performance.
• The ability to deliver under pressure; and flexibility within time management to ensure business needs are met.
Send us a CV that demonstrates your engineering skills, and we'll be back in touch ASAP.