An exciting opportunity exists for a talented marketer to manage our highly respected Beer and our Cider brands in Northern Ireland. Our portfolio of Beer and Cider is the core driver of our business. Magners, Bulmers, Tennents, Heverlee, Bud Light, Corona, are some of our world renowned brands. They cater for a variety of consumer’s needs and occasions.
The Brand Manager’s key role purpose is to deploy and deliver winning marketing plans for key brands in the portfolio via our direct & third party distribution network, meeting both brand and commercial objectives. The Brand Manager will partner with customer marketing, the commercial teams and our distributors to translate commercial & marketing objectives into strong and robust campaigns. Ensure our brands engage consumers in a way which builds positive brand equity.
- Brand strategy – working with the IOI Marketing Director to ensure a clear brand strategy is in place for the brands and that this can be easily communicated to and understood by all direct and intermediary sales staff.
- Develop and deliver annual consumer and brand performance objectives, derived from business plan and based on thorough performance review of your brands.
- Customer engagement – supporting Customer Marketing with the sell‐in of compelling brand plans to key customers, tailored as necessary to maximise opportunities by customer.
- Work closely with Category, Insight, Finance and Commercial to closely understand the commercial performance of your brands, highlighting and recommending remedial action as required, and identifying opportunities for further revenue and profit growth.
- Product/Packaging – working with relevant market and consumer insight, manage development and delivery of all brand materials, maximising visibility and impact across all sales channels and routes to market.
- Communications Strategy – working with IOI Marketing Director to resource, develop and execute brand communications strategy to include digital and media planning, press and events programme in line with brand objectives for NI. Manage relationships with other geographies in which the brands are sold to ensure alignment and avoid duplication of investment where possible.
- Partnership Marketing – working with the C&C and AB Inbev Sponsorship function, to identify and exploit appropriate joint marketing initiatives in support of brand objectives, ensuring appropriate assets are secured and activated to full potential.
- Minimise expenditure on external marketing agencies, developing and deploying internal resource/agency where possible and practical.
- Internal Communications – manage internal brand communications for your brands across the C&C Group.
- Strong experience of developing integrated brand communication programmes, including PR, digital, design, advertising and media.
- Developing successful major brand communication campaigns, and providing evaluation of their effectiveness versus brand objectives.
- Developing effective media plans, and providing an evaluation of their effectiveness.
- Experience of applying strategic marketing principles and consumer insights, e.g. brand positioning.
Skills and Competencies
- Passionate about consumers with an understanding of the LAD sector
- Entrepreneurial, challenger mindset
- Highly commercial marketer, comfortable in managing multiple brands to P&L level
- Good creative judgement
- Ability to think conceptually, yet retaining strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to deliver outstanding results
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong ability to build and leverage relationships with internal teams, senior management, agencies and consultants
- Strong communication skills.