C&C Group plc is a premium drinks company which owns, manufactures, markets and distributes a unique portfolio of beer and cider brands in its home markets and across the globe. Our brands include Bulmers, the leading Irish cider brand, Tennent’s, the leading Scottish beer brand, Magners the premium international cider brand; as well as a wide range of super-premium and craft ciders, beers and soft drinks. In addition to our drink products, we are also the leading drinks wholesaler to the hospitality industry in the UK and Ireland, where we operate under the Matthew Clark, Bibendum, Tennent Caledonian and C&C Gleeson brands.
We are a fascinating and fast-paced business and we now have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Company Secretary to join our CoSec and Legal team.
So what’s involved?
You will pick up responsibility for the efficient administration of the company secretarial requirements of C&C Group and our subsidiaries throughout Ireland, UK and Europe. You will work closely with appropriate advisors to ensure we remain compliant with all statutory and regulatory requirements in all jurisdictions where we operate. You will build and manage relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers such as design agencies, registrars, auditors and regulatory bodies ensuring full compliance is met.
As you would expect, there are also a range of core CoSec duties e.g. working with our Board, and high level committees (e.g. Audit, Remuneration, etc). You can expect to work on projects regarding Dividends, Insider Lists, Share Administration, IP, AGM planning and the production of our Annual Report.
Reporting into the Company Secretary and working in our small legal team, you will help build confidence and reputation by delivering proactive, effective company secretarial support and tasks.
This role can be based at the Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow, or at our Dublin office. Some travel will be required to support the needs of the Group.
What you’ll need:
• You will be a member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators and preferably be an associate of the institute (ACIS)
• Experience in an in-house company secretarial role in a Plc environment
• Comprehensive understanding and competence in corporate governance and compliance issues
• Strong commercial understanding to ensure advice is appropriate to the Group and Subsidiary companies
• Exceptional presentation and communication skills to convey credibility with Senior Managers
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, GEMS or Blueprint (or similar)
• Integrity and high ethical standards, acting with discretion at all times
Send us a CV that details your company secretarial experience, and we will be back in touch as soon as possible.