Accounts Payable Team Leader
We’re looking for an Accounts Payable Team Leader to join our Account Services team on a permanent basis. You’ll report into and assist our Accounts Payable & Banking Team Manager, working in a fast-paced environment where you (and your team) are dealing with a large volume of suppliers and reconciliations whilst ensuring the accounts payable team are trained & supported. All this will mean the department achieves set KPI’s & service level agreements (SLA’s).
This role would normally be based at Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow however given the current Covid-19 pandemic, all 1st stage interviews will take place via Zoom calls and a degree of flexibility will be required. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.
So what’s involved?
As Accounts Payable Team Leader, you will have a hands-on and operational role with your team to ensure department KPI’s & SLA’s are met. It’s important to recognise the current situation and the effect it is having on businesses (including ourselves), and that’s why it’s key that you build professional working relationships with our external suppliers and the relevant internal stakeholders/ departments.
Key responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Team Leader, which will need to be completed by your team, include:
- Full intercompany reconciliations and monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Process employee expenses in accordance with our expenses policy
- Ensure the shared mailbox is managed & actioned in line with the agreed SLA’s.
As Team Leader, other accountabilities you’ll have include:
- Lead, coach and mentor team members so they are trained to standard
- Motivate your team to achieve set KPI’s/ targets
- First point of escalation for supplier queries
- Work to processes that are in place, assisting the team manager with refining those processes for maximum efficiency
What you’ll need:
We’d like to see your extensive experience in accounts payable preferably in some form of leadership or advanced duties. Part of this role will be to lead, develop and most importantly motivate the team in place by ‘leading from the front’ (lead by example) so they are delivering on our targets but also developing the ‘partnership’ relationships we have with our suppliers.
Other key skills you’ll need include:
- Previous team leadership experience, able to motivate and mentor other personnel
- Advanced Excel skills
- Pro-active, decisive and resilient attitude with the ability to respond/ adapt to a demanding environment in a positive manner
Send us a CV that demonstrates your leadership in a fast-paced accounts payable environment, and we’ll aim to get back to you ASAP!
C&C Group (and inclusive companies) do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our roles – we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs including those submitted to hiring managers. C&C Group explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.